Will it be painful after the doctor removes it? if so, how long will it take for recovery?

I'm having a lump removed from my thigh, it's actually my first lump procedure. Will it be painful after the doctor removes it? if so, how long will it take for recovery?

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

Lipoma removal does require some post op downtime. Dependin on the surgery, I would suggest about one week. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Will it be painful after the doctor removes it?

Thank you for sharing your question and I hope that your procedure goes well.  Unfortunately without knowing the diagnosis of your mass, nor the exact procedure to be performed, it is difficult to offer definite advice.  If your lump is a lipoma, the pain from surgery typically lasts only a few days and then can be managed with Tylenol or ibuprofen alone.  Your surgeon should be able to offer you the best advice.  Best wishes.