Too skinny for BBL?

I've been searching for the right place to do my fat transfer and recently two doctors have said that I'm too small? Height: 5'5" (165cm) Weight: 10.12 stone (141 pounds) BMI: 25.3 I'd just like some advice because I'm being offered implants and I really don't want that.

Too skinny for BBL?

without any pictures provided it is impossible to tell if you are candidate.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

BBL fits all body frames

In my experience fat transfer to the buttocks can be performed on all body shapes and sizes including smaller patients where we thought we needed implants in the past.  There is less fat available, but also less needed to affect a change in shape in smaller patients.  There is more complications with implants (pain, extrusion and infection up to 25%), but there is also risk to fat transfer to the buttock.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to ensure maximum safety and results.

Buttock implants are best avoided. Buttock fat transfer (BBL) is better

Buttock implants have a lot of complications. Fat is much better if at all possible. I would need to see a photo of you, but if two plastic surgeons tell you that you are too small, they are probably right. If you are lean, you just won't have enough extra fat to make it worthwhile. Some surgeons aggressively perform liposuction to harvest as much fat as possible from skinny patients, but this leaves contour deformities at the donor sites and you don't want that. You can read more at my website if you like. The link is below.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Too skinny for BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to have a personal evaluation to get more opinions about your body, that weight is ok for me, but as you haven't provide any pictures it will be better to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Too skinny for BBL?

At your height and weight, you are likely a very good candidate for BBL.  You will need to find an expert at thinner individuals.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Brazilian Butt lifts and body contouring procedures.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon