I'm very keen to have a nose job. Although I like it from the front, would it change the whole look if I had surgery? (Photos)

My nose is far too big for my face from the side, it really affects my confidence. Although I like it from the front, would it change the whole look if I had surgery? Thanks x

Rhinoplasty Can Shorten Nose Without Drastically Altering Overall Look

A well-performed nose job results in a nose that is in better balance with your features and is flattering from all angles. While shortening your nose will give you a slightly different look from the front, if you like the tip as is, it can be left alone. When you consult with a facial plastic surgeon who has been trained in facial aesthetics, you will discuss your ideal rhinoplasty outcome and learn about what will look best on you. You can use these Before-after-photos as a guide

Rhinoplasty - adjusting the size without affecting the tip

Hi there. Thanks for your question. It is possible to manipulate specific aspects of your nose through rhinoplasty - e.g. dropping the height to improve the side profile without affecting the tip. However, the nose needs to be balanced appropriately - often the tip and dorsum are adjusted together to give a more natural and harmonious look. It is difficult to comment on your particular situation from the photos alone but a minor lift of the tip might help soften the overall appearance. Good luck!

Rhinoplasty candidate

I understand what you mean, and No your nose dont need too change in a front view with a rhinoplasty. I would change it a bit to make the tip angle a little bit more feminine, but still let the wideness and format the same way. Go for it, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

I'm very keen to have a nose job. Although I like it from the front, would it change the whole look if I had surgery?

Thank you for your question, There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

You have an exquisitely difficult nose to operate on...

The reason is that your nose requires a large change, and it can be complicated to make large changes.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I brought the tip of your nose back closer to your face, quite substantially. I also elevated the tip, and lowered the position of the bridge.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Indeed, these changes to the profile and three quarter views would not change the frontal view nearly as much, because from the front it's hard to see how forward-projecting a nose it. From the front, mostly, you'd see the tip come up a little bit.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon