Cheek filler is it in the right place and it seems to be clumped in a ball? (Photos)

Hi i had 1ml off filler injected 2 days ago it seems to sit right underneath my eyes and is very lumpy it seems to be clumped in a ball and looks like I've been punched ! Any advice or am I just panicking

Cheek filler is it in the right place and it seems to be clumped in a ball?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. It looks to me like you will probably need more volume in your anterior/medial cheek area. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers

Thanks for the question and photos. It's hard to tell why it looks like that. Often, fillers in this area is placed as a 'bolus' in one area. If this bolus is too big and the skin is a little thin, and the filler is not graduated, it can standout like you're pointing out. However, this could be swelling so wait a few more days then go back to your injector and have them take a look. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post filler complications

From your photos, it could be due to several possibilities:

- Post filler injection swelling. Depending on the types of fillers used and the depth of the injection, sometimes swelling can be visible and palpable 1-2 days after. Swelling will usually subside within the next 1-2 weeks.

- Bruises or hematoma. There will be patches of green or purplish discoloration. They will resolve spontaneously in 1-3 weeks.

- Too much fillers being injected. Unlike swelling, they usually felt more lumpy and hard. Depending on the types of fillers used, they could last for months or even years. You may need to consult a doctor to dissolve or remove them. 

Best Regards,

Dr Ivan Puah

Ivan Puah, MBBS
Singapore Physician