Are my breasts too low? (Photo)

Hello, I am seeking some advise. I had a revision Breast Augmentation with 500cc on both breast (smooth round silicone Mentor Implant) Under the Muscles and I am 5 weeks post op. Since Day 1 I was not advise to wear a surgical bra but they wrapped me up with a bandage. I asked my Surgeon if I have to wear a support bra because I feel like my breast sits too low. He said I have to be bra less. I feel pressure and heaviness at the bottom of my breast. Will my breast drop even more in the next 6 months?

Are my breast implants too low?

Your result looks very good for 5 weeks. There is no evidence that you are bottoming out. Always best to follow your surgeons advice-I am sure he/she has reasons to ask you not to wear the bra. No harm in asking your surgeon again about the bra if you are uncomfortable without it.

Are my breast too low?

Thank you for your question and thank you for your photos.

Patients often have concerns postoperatively about the appearance of the breast and how they will continue to progress in their postoperative period. Based on the photos that you posted, I would say that you have had an outstanding result. Your surgeon should be commended on weight work that he has done in assessing your anatomy and performing surgery. Of course, your breasts will continue to evolve over the next few months.

I would recommend that you address her specific concerns with her surgeon, but I would also reassure you that your postoperative results thus far is outstanding.

Best wishes!

Breasts too low?

Thank you for your question and photos.  At five weeks post-op, you are still in the healing process.  It appears that you have a good result so far.  Please give yourself a couple more months before assessing the final results of your surgery.  During this time, your breasts should settle into place and reduce in swelling.  Be sure to closely follow the instructions of your surgeon during this time.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Is this right?

Ideally, for a round implant the center of the implant should be centered at the nipple.  It looks like you have a very nice result.  500cc is a fair amount of weight and they might, and probably will, drop more over the course of a year.  If you are really concerned with the implants dropping, and it seems that you are, I would revisit the question of wearing a bra with your plastic surgeon.

Implants too low?

I wish I could see a frontal photo without tapes, but, based on the photos available, it appears that your implants are well centered under the nipple-areolar complexes.  This is the way nature intended things to be and is the ideal when performing breast augmentation surgery.  So I would say you are in good shape.  By now, the capsules are well formed around the implants, and downward migration is unlikely.  But, if you would feel more comfortable wearing a support bra, then by all means do.  Your implants are on the large side, and a little extra support wouldn't hurt.

Best of luck.

Are my breasts too low?

Hi, thanks  for your question and posted photos. The result so far even it´s still early looks very well, something different is what you feel. I´d recommend your to wear your post op bra if it makes it feel better,  don´t need the band. Anyway, remember you are carrying a good amount of weight on each side so even after swelling goes away it´s still going to be heavy.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Are my breast too low?

Hi Redbutterfly,

I don't think that your breasts are too low now. Perhaps a good support bra will aid in keeping them where they are now and prevent a downward trend in the future. You should discuss this issue with your surgeon
as to what kind of bra he might prefer.
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Are breasts too Low

From the photographs you supplied, your result looks awesome to me. The choice of  to wear or not wearing a bra seems to be individualized to each plastic surgeon. I believe, that in the early postoperative period, a tight underwire tight bra can disallow a breast implant to drop down to the bottom of the pocket created for it. Once the capsule is well established, I think a supportive bra makes sense to negate the effects of gravity on a large implant. Congratulations on your nice result.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

5 weeks out from surgery

It appears you have gotten a great result.  Every doctor is different when it comes to how long, what kind, or when to wear bras.  With a larger implant you should be staying supported, because over time you will end up with some sagging.  I would suggest talking to your surgeon again and express your concerns to him.  Right now it looks like everything is doing very well.  Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

You are doing fine

You have great outcome.  Wearing or not wearing a bra is a personal option.  You should wear bra to provide tissue support since you have large implants.  Expect some more sagging with passage of time. It is inevitable with large breasts.

Vasdev Rai, MD