Is there something wrong with my breasts 5 months post op? (photos)

I had breast augmentation on the 11th of June and have been really happy with my results however I have noticed that my implants have dropped to about 1/ 11/2cm below my scars, more so on the right hand side. They feel quite painful when I push the implants upwards and my scars feel very thing as though they are splitting. It all looks normal and nothing is looking odd at all but they are still very painful and I am growing concerned about it.

Breast augmentation post op pain and possible bottoming out

Thank you for posting your questions and photos. You should not feel pain and discomfort as you describe this long after your surgery. My advise is to schedule a follow-up with the surgeon that did your surgery. This should shed some light on what is causing the pain and determine if your implants are bottoming out.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Pain in bottom of breast

In my experience, when the incision rides up over time and the implant drops below it, this does represent a bottomed out implant. Sometimes patients will perceive this dropping of the implant is a heavy uncomfortable feeling. I have not had too many patients in the past experience this as pain. I recommend you go back to your plastic surgeon who can better examine you and together with you come up with a treatment to remedy this. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast pain after augmentation

Thank you for your question and pictures, and I'm sorry you are having pain.  While scars placed in the breast fold can move onto the breast as the implants settle and the skin stretches, pain at 5 months after your surgery is not typical.  It would be best to make an appointment with your surgeon to have them evaluate you, if nothing more than to put your mind at ease.  Best of luck.  

Breast Augmentation Post Op Pain

Although it's impossible to tell you what's causing your paint from just a photo, the fact that you are even feeling pain this far into your recovery is not typical. If I were you, I'd schedule an appointment with your surgeon to take a look. It's always better to err on the side of caution. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Worried about implants shifting position

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I am so sorry this is happening to you.
  • It would be best to see your plastic surgeon.
  • Pain is not normal this long after breast augmentation.
  • It isn't clear from the photos what is causing the pain and change in position.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Possible bottoming out of implants

It is not possible to tell from your photos what is really going on here.  It is possible that you implants have lower than desired, or are bottoming out.  You may be developing a "double bubble".  You should follow-up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Is there something wrong with my breasts 5 months post op?

Without more posted frontal photos can not offer much. Could be 'bottoming out'.......................

Breast implants falling, in pain 5 months after breast augmentation

Thanks for your post.  It is normal for implants to settle over time.  Typically the final result and position can be faithfully assessed by 6 months.  If the pain is new onset pain, that is not typical and, as with any acute change during your recovery, you should let your surgeon know.  Good luck!

Breast augmentation, 5 months postop

The position of breast implants does change with time.  Most surgeons place the inframammary scar slightly above the fold.  Without a frontal view, it is not possible to tell if your implants are in the correct position or not.  Some tenderness of the scar is to be expected at 5 months, but this will get better with time.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

5 Months Post Op Breast Augmentation

Your breast implants settle over time.  It is uncommon to experience pain at 5 months post op.  See you surgeon as he is the best to address your concern.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD