9 days post op breasts looking odd shape! Please help. Are these suppose to change & drop or have they been done wrong? (photos)

Very very worried!! I had a breast lift with 300cc implants 9 days ago, I was already a full c so was hoping to become a DD. I have had them in my sports bra and today I showered and took the tapes off, I looked and they are a very weird shape. I'm panicking and hope I can get an answer! Thankyou

9 days post op breasts looking odd shape! Please help. Are these suppose to change & drop or have they been done wrong?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

No need to panic. You are very early in the healing process, so please be patient and allow tissues/implants to settle into place. Follow your PS instructions and do not rely on internet to answer any questions you might have. Remember, your PS knows best what was done, so she/he will always be your best resource.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given that you are only nine days post-op, it is far too soon to assess the results of your breast lift with implants.  I tell my patients that they must wait at least three months before they have a good idea of what their result will be as their breasts need to continue to heal, reduce in swelling, and drop into place.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

"Very weird shape" 9 days after breast lift plus implants.

It appears from your photos that you had modified circumvertical breast lift with partial inframammary crease incisions--something more than a true "lollipop" lift and less than a full Wise-pattern (anchor) lift.

This is how breasts look with this type of breast lift, and it's a shame your surgeon or nursing staff did not warn you that this shape is "normal" for the first few weeks after this surgery.

A final shape that is more "normal" and attractive depends on the stretching of the tightened tissues, and perhaps some widening of your scars, one reason I am not a huge fan of circumvertical or lollipop-type lifts.

However, many plastic surgeons seem to like the marketing value of "no" or "shorter" inframammary incisions and scars (even if they do widen, pucker, or cross the inframammary creases) and some of these surgeons are producing good results (that the rest are trying and often failing to duplicate in their own practices).

Panic is neither necessary nor advisable. Time will make things better. How long and how much is still indeterminate. Hang in there and keep in touch with your surgeon. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Post operative Concerns

Dear Ms. Mmmmeganxo,

Thank you for your questions and photos.

At first glance there does not appear you have any unusual postoperative findings.
It will take 2-3 months to see the final results.

Bottom line: make a follow appointment with your Plastic Surgeon and discuss your concerns.

I trust you have chosen a Plastic Surgeon who is a experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally he/she is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you a successful and a speedy recovery,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Breast augmentation

Don't worry, you are way early in the postoperative time period. Your results actually look just like I would expect and that weird look you describe is really important especially in the first month, it just means that eventually when they do soften out they will have a very nice natural round shape. It looks to me like you are right on track! 

Good Luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Odd shape after breast surgery

From the photographs you have included, it appears to me that your breasts are right on track for how they should look this early in the postoperative phase. In the weeks coming, the breast will change to being more rounded at the bottom. Be patient. The best is yet to come. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Way too early to judge anything

You may hear this from every plastic surgeon that replies to your questions, but it is the truth- you are just way too early to judge your results. I know this is frustrating for you, but I have seen major changes through the healing process in both directions- some things that looked perfect at first and ended up looking less than perfect as well as some things that looked less then desirable in the beginning and ended up a homerun. You just have to let time pass and your body heal. Most will say give it at least six months before drawing any conclusion. The good news is that if you do require a revision, there is always a solution.  Hope this helps!

-JGH

Breast Lift Recovery Process

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. You are very early on the recovery process. Your appearance looks normal at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. The recovery process of a breast lift normally takes about 4-6 months to see the final result. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Very worried

Please don't worry. Your breasts have the shape that they are supposed to have at this early stage. You will notice significant changes over the coming weeks. Good luck!

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon