How many viles do you gain from a 10ml bottle of Botox? And how much would you need to cover 3 areas?

I've had quotes by the vile and the bottle but trying to work out what's best and how much I would need as some others charge by the area.

Botox

Thank you for your question 4568jodie. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Botox comes in 50 unit and 100 unit vials. Different areas require different number of units. For example the pivotal studies demonstrated when placing 20 units of Botox in the glabella, the area between the brows, people enjoy their results for 3-4 months. For the crow's feet this is 24 units, 12 units per side. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox and cost

Botox is not charged by the vials of product. We charge by the area treated or the units used.The charges can vary by the office you go to for treatment.
The typical areas treated by Botox are the frown crease , forehead and smile lines.
It is best if you see a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon for your evaluation and treatment.
So a better question to ask an office over the phone is the cost of treatment per area...this will give you an average to expect.
Of course, we do customize your treatment by what your needs are for you..
So a consult is best to plan your treatment

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Costs

I am not sure what you mean "by the vial."  In the US botox is used by area or botox units -- which come in 100 U vials.  I suggest you speak to a well trained physician about the areas you are treating.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox pricing.

Thank you for your question.  There are two ways that physicians charge for Botox use - by the unit or by the area.  In my practice I prefer to charge by the unit as patient's know exactly what they are paying for, but pricing is practice dependent.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. 

Cost of botox

Botox is typically sold by the unit or by the anatomical area.  The most commonly treated areas are the brow, the forehead and the "crow's feet."  Prices vary widely.  In some offices, the doctor does the injections.  In other offices, a nurse/injector or an aesthetician performs the injections. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Cost of Botox

Thank you for your question.  The cost of Botox can very tremendously.  Cost is usually per unit.  The number of units used per area depends on the area and the amount required to achieve the desired result....glabellar 10-20 units, crows feet 4-8 units per side, forehead 5-15 units on average.  Make sure you go to someone with a good reputation regardless of their credentials.  Best wishes!

Botox charged by units or by areas of treatment

Thank you for sharing your question. Most doctors charge patients based on the number of units of Botox used or based on the number of areas which need to be treated. I hope you find this helpful. Good luck.

Botox not sold by the vial

We treat with Botox based on the number of units used.  Typically patients receive between 20 and 80 units per treatment depending on where we are treating.

Hello 4568jodie,

Botox is not sold by volume.  It is sold by units.  Each vial comes with either 50 units or 100 units.  These are then mixed with a solution to be in a liquid form at a specific number of units per milliliter.  For cosmetic purposes, Botox is priced either by the unit (more common) or by the area.  The cost differs based on the practice location as it costs more to practice medicine in certain areas than others.  

I would recommend you consult with a reputable facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or oculoplastic surgeon to go over your options for treatment including how many units you would need.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Amount of Botox needed for 3 areas

Botox treatments are individualized for each patient, so not everyone needs the same amount.  I would say a rough estimate for the amount needed to treat one area would be 20-25 units.  This could be lower or higher for some people though.  If you were having 3 areas treated, the total amount needed would roughly be 60-75 units for most people.  Botox comes in a 50 unit vial and a 100 unit vial.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon