Do I really need an uplift? (Photo)

I used to have size E/F cup breasts but due to weight loss i have been left with a C cup, i have alot of stretch marks, i personally dont think my breasts look saggy as such but where i have stretch marks it looks like its wrinkly but when the skin is stretched the marks wont go away. I have been told i need to have an uplift as well as 300cc implants as my skin isnt thick enough to hold any bigger. I am wondering if I can get away with having an under the muscle implant without the uplift?

Lift and augmentation needed

After reviewing your photos, I think you have too much ptosis (droop) that will not be corrected by implants alone.  Find a good PS in Little Rock (I know several) and you can be a great candidate for correction.

Do I really need an uplift?

Greetings

Thank you for your photo, after reviewing your photos lifting is not needed you can just have implants which will give you good results but however do get a consultation with a surgeon for final evalation before your procedure.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implant

Based solely on your photos, I think you would need a breast lift with an implant to deliver ideal results. Perhaps seek a second in person consultation to see if your surgeons concur. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

The "need" for an lift of the breast

A breast lift is a cosmetic procedure and therefore a lift is not a "need" but if a cosmetic procedure to improve the size or shape of the implant is contemplated, the only way an implant can be properly fit behind the base of the breast is if the nipple position isn't too low relative to the inframammary crease behind it (upright, with arms down). A lift is to reposition the breast higher on the chest and tuck the lower pole but does not add or subtract significant volume. An implant is pure volume like a pillow behind the breast and does not lift it. 
In your case it appears that your nipple-areola is too low relative to the crease behind it and therefore a lift is required if an implant is considered for more volume. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and photos. If you are happy with the position of your areolas and breast shape in general than you don't need to consider a lift, however, when the areolas have descended with deflation/sagging to the degree that you have, placement of implants alone can lead to the implant sitting high and the breast/nipple hanging off the front. It will not likely give you the improvement that you are looking for.

I recommend that you discuss the benefits of a breast lift for you, with your Plastic Surgeon and ensure that your surgical plan matches your expectations.

All the best

Breast lift need

If you don't think your breasts are droopy, then you don't need a lift.  In reality, your breasts are VERY droopy.  It's OK if that does not bother you.  You only need a lift if the droop bothers you.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures with information as well. I recommend you a breast lift with soft cohesive silicone implants. Also, as I can see in your pictures, you will need a vertical scar or lolipop, and maybe a J. This king of lift is called LJ incision. You will be beautiful ! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation with lift is recommended.

Hi, KristenButtons
I agree with your plastic surgeon's surgical plan - augmentation with lift.
Based on your photos, your cosmetic outcome will be better if you have augmentation with lift.
Breast implant will give you more volume; breast lift will give you a better, perkier shape.
You have grade III ptosis.  Without breast lift, implant alone will have breast tissue hanging below the implants.
Good luck with your surgery and recovery.

Breast Implants

Hi & thank you for your question & photos.
To achieve a result that you will be happy with, you would need a lift along with implants. Consult  a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best of luck!

Lift and implants

Based on your photos, you would need a lift along with the implants.  With implants alone, your breasts would still droop over them, and you would not like the appearance of this.

Justin P. Martin, MD
Dothan Physician