Uplift after explant? (Photo)

I am 37 years old and having an explant due to my implants being 16 yrs old. I would rather do it now than leave them to rupture and for the operation be more complicated. I don't want them replacing either. Do you think I would need a lift? I was 34c before the implant and after Breast feeding one child and I went to a 34dd after implants. I have since breast fed 2 more children. Also would i need the capsule removing? I am in the UK and would appreciate advise from UK doctors. Thank you

Uplift after explant

I would say that an uplift would be beneficial but not necessarily essential.  If you want your breasts to remain in a good position, with a good nipple position then a mastopexy (uplift) will be required.  You could of course simply have the implants removed and have nothing more done.  That said, your breast would look different and the nipple position would drop.

I would advocate a capsulectomy at the same time too.

London Plastic Surgeon

Uplift after explant?

Thank you for the question. Short answer: much will depend on your physical examination ( factors such as degree of breast ptosis, current position of breast implants, number of previous operations, assessment of breast skin quality/elasticity…) and your plastic surgeons' clinical judgment.   Overall, given the degree of breast asymmetry and the presence of breast skin "sitting" on your upper abdominal wall, I think it is likely that you will benefit from breast lifting surgery.

In "borderline" cases where there is doubt whether breast lifting is necessary or not, I advise patients to undergo explantation only and to give their breasts the benefit of the doubt (allow for about six months to pass after breast implant removal) before deciding whether breast lifting would be beneficial.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.