Do I need a tummy tuck? Which one: a mini or full? (Photo)

I need to know if I need a tummy tuck and also which one

Do I need a tummy tuck? Which one: a mini or full?

Based on the photos you would need a full tummy tuck if you were going to do anything. Before having any surgery I would suggest getting to a more ideal weight in order to achieve the best possible results afterwards. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck! 

Tummy Tuck

Hi Umer14213, Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on t the pictures it seems as if you would be a candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck, I suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.
Best regards

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Male Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos provided, it appears you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck, not a mini. The lower abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening will give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after tummy tuck photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Good luck!

Full tummy tuck

Thank you for your question, it would be ideal to loose weight before you undergo surgery for much better results, please consult with a certified PS. Good luck!

Kenneth Hughes, M.D.
Beverly Hills,CA.

Full or Mini Tummy Tuck?

You need IMO to lose as much weight as possible in  a healthy manner and then undergo an extended tummy tuck.  This is a full tt with longer incisions extending further around toward your sides.  Regards.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified American Bd. of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
ABC TV Extreme Makeover plastic surgeon
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

You will need tummy tuck after weight loss

Based on your pictures you do not need tummy tuck at this stage. You need to loose weight first.  Tummy tuck can be considered after you achieve weight consistent with your height and build.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Male Tummy Tuck candidate

Thanks for the photos. Based on these limited photos, after weight loss, you can benefit from minituck. However, a full exam is required for the best option. Many of our male patients benefit from mini-Lipoabdominoplasty. Lipoabdominoplasty is an advanced tummy tuck technique that safely combines extensive liposuction with tummy tuck procedures in a way that achieves results far superior than those achievable by either procedure alone. It offers a greatly improved abdominal appearance due to the aggressive liposuction and a shorter, less noticeable scar for many patients. There is less chance of "dog ear". In Atlanta, this is called the ATLTUCK. Lipoabdominoplasty is often combined with liposuction of hips and back. This combination provides an ideal cosmetic surgery solution after weight loss, pregnancy, or aging. It allows us to place the scar as low as possible.

However, your best plastic surgeon for tummy tuck has the experience, training, and results that relates to you. Do your research and find a real Plastic Surgeon and book a paid consultation. Free consults are just a sales pitch and does not work in your best interest.

Below are other criteria to use when selecting a Plastic surgeon.

Questions to ask (Answering NO is a big red flag)
1) Are you a plastic surgeon? (Do you know difference between cosmetic surgeon & plastic surgeon)
2) Are you board certified in Plastic Surgery?
3) Will the procedure be performed at a fully accredited procedure room or ambulatory surgery center
4) Do you have hospital privilege to perform liposuction and tummy tuck? Which Hospital?
5) Do you offer complication insurance (it does happen, it better to be safe)

The most important decision is to do your homework well. Good luck.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Tummy tuck when overweight

Thank you for asking about your  tummy tuck.

• Your photos suggest that you are at least 100 pounds over your ideal weight.
  • Photos can be deceiving but if this is the case, then you need either to lose weight by eating less and exercising more or you need a gastric bypass.
  • After your weight is lower and stable, then a tummy tuck would make very good sense.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.