Had tummy tuck on 19th July and look like this? (Photo)

Please what can be done to correct it, looks so bad I hate it

Had tummy tuck, looks so bad I hate it.

Based on your photos your procedure was panniculectomy, one designed to remove the lower skin fold after weight loss, and not a tummy tuck. We suggest to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to review the potential of a revision and full tummy tuck procedure for better results.

What can be done

Hello and thank you for your question and for posting photos. As my colleagues have stated below, it appears that you had a panniculectomy. So the only tissue that was removed was enough so as to prevent that overhang. This means that an true abdominoplasty was not the procedure you had. In an abdominoplasty, all the tissue below the bellybutton is removed, your abdominal muscles are tightened and when I do abdominoplasty I pretty much always add liposuction to really give an improved cosmetic result!So, if you are unhappy with your results the good news is that this can easily be revised and I think your results can be greatly improved. You would probably need some lipo to your pubis area and a lift as well. I believe the incision can also be placed lower during the revision so it can be hidden better. Hopefully you are seeing only board certified plastic surgeons! I wish you the best of luck and hope that if you get a revision done you are happier with your results!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your surgical results have not been what you anticipated.  It appears that instead of a tummy tuck that you received a panniculectomy.  These are differentiated by the lack of upper abdominal skin dissection and removal as well as a lack of belly button transposition.  A panniculectomy simply removes the apron of skin and fat that patients with substantial weight loss can develop.  Once you reach your desired goal weight and are stable a more formal tummy tuck can be performed to improve your aesthetics.  Hope this helps.

Panniculectomy vs Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Many patients often confuse a tummy tuck with a panniculectomy despite a detailed explanation of the difference between the two procedures by their plastic surgeon.  A panniculectomy is a procedure often covered by insurance companies which serves to remove the excess, overhanging skin of the lower abdomen in order to resolve recurrent rashes of the lower abdominal skin.  The panniculectomy is purely a functional procedure to treat rashes and improve quality of life.  It does not address excess skin of the mid or upper abdomen and does therefore not provide the nice cosmetic result as does a tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck address all of the excess skin of the abdomen for an improved contour throughout, but it is not covered by insurance.  You appear to have a very acceptable result for a panniculectomy.  If you do not like the appearance, you would still be able to have the full tummy tuck procedure.  The cost will be all out-of-pocket.  I also always recommend that my patient's BMI be below 30 for a decreased risk of complications and an improved cosmetic outcome.  Hope this helps!

Results

It looks like you had a panniculectomy and not a full tummy tuck. A panniculectomy does not treat the upper abdomen.