Tuberous breasts? Can implants fix them? (Photo)

I've done a lot of research and I feel like I may have a mild case of tubular breasts. I've had 3 consultations with surgeons; the first I mentioned this to and he said no they were fine. Because of this I didn't mention it to the second surgeon. The third surgeon said I did, but none have said I have to have anything other than breast implants. I'm worried implants alone will not improve the shape, and may cause 'double bubble'? Please help!!

Tuberous breasts

Hello, based on the limited photos provided, your breasts do not appear to have typical tuberous breast features.  Implants would be a consideration if you are seeking increased size.  It sounds like you have already sought multiple opinions in this regard.

Tuberous Breasts?

You do not appear to have any of the characteristics or shape problems of tuberous breasts.  In fact, your shape is excellent.  The most important factor in an excellent shape after implants, is a very good shape before.  I hope you find this information helpful.

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast

Hi

You do not have to tuberous breasts.

Implants should be fine. I would propose to have the implants over the muscle. And if there is some tightness in the lower pole can be nicely released and also better cleavage created.

Good luck

Daniel G. Kuy, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Implants? Tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it does not appear that you have tuberous breasts.  Breast augmentation with implants should provide you with a very nice result.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Implants will improve the shape of your breasts

You are a great candidate for breast augmentation with implants. Correct placement will expand the lower pole of your brass and slightly lower the fold giving it a more pleasing shape.  It's important to find a surgeon who performs a large number of rest augmentations.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice for cases like yours I prefer to use the Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tuberous breasts? Can implants fix them?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on your pictures alone you do not appear to have tuberous breast deformity and if you are interested in increasing your breast size, you can obtain a very nice result.  Best wishes.

Based on the pictures, the breasts do NOT appear be tuberous. If proper sizing is done, double bubble is unlikely. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

You do not have tuberous breasts and should get a very nice cosmetic results with breast implants.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with.. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).  You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon