Best way to surgically remove depressed forehead scar? (photo)

way to remove the scar I have on my forehead(see photo). I got the scar when I was 5 when I had and accident and collided my forehead. Please can you let me know which would be the best option for me to choose. Would laser treatment be an option? As my skin has a slight pigment. Also would a surgical excision be an option to remove it? Thanks

Scar revision

Thank you for sharing your photos. 

From what I can see, I am not sure conservative measures will give you the outcome you are looking for.  Conservative measures would be filler, and fraxel laser.  This may improve it, but given the depth and width of the scar I would recommend scar revision.  There will be a new scar, but it can be done in a way that does not attract the eye to it as much.  After the revision fractional laser is still an option to improve it further.

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choose non surgical scar revision for your vertical scar

Surgery is not a great option here. I would suggest subcision, matrix RF, fractional laser, and fillers as a non-surgical option. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar Revision

James.   It appears from your photo that scar revision is an option, but there is no guarantee that the new scar would be an improvement. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about scarring, as it may be helpful. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Scar revision for depressed forehead scar.

scar revision is the best means  to decrease the width and depression of your scar. You should not need any further treatment. See a very experienced surgeon for this. 

Best way to surgically remove depressed forehead scar?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Though conservative means will help improve your scar's appearance I think the greatest benefit would be through a surgical scar revision.  it will leave you with a longer scar but hopefully one that is even with your surrounding forehead tissues.  Additional treatments during your recovery can help improve the appearance once full healed.  See the link below for useful information.