Surgery in 2 weeks and want a natural look as is possible. Help? (Photo)

I'm having BA in 2 weeks. Im currently a 32b/34a, 161cm tall, 54kgs. I would like as natural as possible. My PS says I should have 280cc or 300cc silicone, dual plane, moderate profile. My idea post surgery size would be a full C cup. Which size should I go for? Which cc would give me the breast size and most natural look as is possible?

Breast implant size

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Size natural

It would be really helpful to have a full consultation with breast measurements taken. Using this information, your plastic surgeon can help you chose the appropriate implants and the " look" you are going for and advise you on other adjunctive procedures to give you your desired look. There is no ideal correlation with volume of an implant and "cup size" due to many variables including the patient current breast volume and breast shape.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Surgery in 2 weeks and want a natural look as is possible. Help?

Your surgeon's recommendations regarding the type of implant and it's placement sound just right for an excellent result. Volume decisions require an exam and so we obviously can't help you there. But the difference between 280cc and 300cc is negligible so most of us would recommend you go with the larger one.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Difficult to say...

It is difficult to say what size implant you should go with if we don't have photos of your chest.  Also, the size of your breast now will dictate what size implant should be used.  If you want a certain size, then have your plastic surgeon show you before/after photos of his/her work and see if you can find patients with similar breasts to yours.  Also, make sure you like the results they are showing you and that they show you at least three views from each patient (front, quarter turn and profile).

Andre Aboolian, MD

Breast implant size hard to choose

Of the four main decisions to choose when undergoing breast implant surgery, the most difficult choice is the size of the implant to utilized.  A rough rule of thumb is a cup size increase for every 200 cc of implant volume.  So, if you are an A cup, 200 cc to B cup, 400 to a C cup and 600 to D cup.

Based on the one photograph submitted, there is very little breast tissue and I would say you are an A cup.  A 280-300 cc implant should take you to a large B, small C cup.  If you are looking for a full C cup, you might be disappointed.  I would re-evaluate your implant choice with your Plastic Surgeon and make sure you are both on the same page.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Surgery in 2 weeks and want a natural look as is possible.

Thank you for the question. Based on your photograph, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.