Sports bra after ba. Can u please tell me how tight my sports bra be :-S

I had a ba 2 days ago I'm wearing a sports bra I'm not sure if it's to tight it's really uncomfortable to wear and it's leaving a red indent strap all around my ribs I would just put up with the pain but I don't want to damage the implants if the bra is to tight. 

Sports bra after breast augmentation. Can u please tell me how tight my sports bra be :-S

Your surgical bra after breast augmentation should not be too tight.  Your description that the bra is indenting and causing red pressure areas  suggest to me that it is too tight.  The bra should simply support your breast and make you feel more comfortable.  If it makes you feel uncomfortable then a looser more comfortable bra would be necessary.

In my practice if patients are more comfortable without a bra  then I asked them to go  without the bra to allow the implants to settle more quickly.

It is very important that you contact your surgeonN tell him or her of your discomfort as I'm sure you're surgeon does not want you to wear a bra that is too tight.

Post surgical bra

Thank you for your question!  When I finish up the procedure, I typically have the OR nurses place the patient in a surgical bra and the patient has specific instructions on how long to wear it, when/if they can shower, etc. Definitely call your surgeon's office as they can advise you best to your doctor's specific post op care instructions. Best of luck in your recovery! 

Fred Hackney, MD

Sports bra?

The best person to ask this question to would be your operating physician. I can only tell you what I would tell my patients. I think the bra should only be snug, and not so tight as to cause discomfort. I do not think that an overly tight bra will effect the final outcome of the surgery.  Wear what is comfortable. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Go Larger

You may purchase a larger bra but remember that you are probably at the point of maximal swelling.  Your swelling will improve over the next few days and your current sports bra maybe less uncomfortable.  I don't think a tight sports bra will effect your end results.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. It sounds like your bra may be too tight. I would suggest seeing your plastic surgeon for another bra. 

Best Wishes
Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Call your doctor

It sounds like the fit of the bra is improper.  Please call your doctor's office and have them refit the bra or at least evaluate your concern.