What sort of rhinoplasty would I need to thin down my nose and make it more I proportion with my face. (photo)

Can I ask for a specific shape nose?

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate to narrow a wide nose

A  Closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the wide nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  Too narrow a wide bridgeline requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones. To narrow the bulbous tip requires suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal.  rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Digital computer imaging would also be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose. For more information and many rhinoplasty before and after results, please see the link and the video below

What sort of rhinoplasty would I need to thin down my nose and make it more I proportion with my face.

In my opinion- there's only one sort Rhinoplasty- the best one! You have the potential to achieve your best, most elegant nose. I would encourage you to see a Board Certified PS with at least 10 years of doing noses. Look at his/her before and after gallery, reviews,etc. Hope this helps

Rhinoplasty outcomes are limited by patient's own anatomical features

You will benefit from rhinoplasty. Your nasal tip cartilages, nasal dorsum and nasal bones along with lower septum will need to be modified. However your final nasal shape will still depend on your own anatomical limitations. You can not ask for a specific shape. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

You consult with an expert, and see examples of his/her work. The specialist will listen to what you, about what you do not like and then will show or tell you what can be done. If you don't like what you hear or see, go to another specialist.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Customized Rhinoplasty

Need side view to really know, but likely...Open, may need osteotomies, cephalic reduction, anti convexity sutures, subdomal graft, possible lateral crus overlap, and alar based reduction (not to mention the usual spreader grafts, alar rim grafts, and col strut graft).My office number is 512-324-2765Hope to see you soon

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD