How to slim down a wide bridge? Rhinoplasty (Photo)

I really like my side profile of my bridge but from the front my bridge is too wide. Can you slim down the bridge of the nose without touching the straight side profile that's already there? If so how is this done? Breaking the bone etc? How much is the cost!l? Is it a full rhinoplasty? Any info would be so helpful. Thank you

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

To narrow your bridge and without lowering the height I would recommend dividing the lateral (i.e. side) nasal bones from the middle nasal bone utilizing nasal saws .  Then I would cot the lower side of the nasal bones and then push the nasal bones towards each other. This will thin the thickness of your nasal dorsum .

As an artist I like using the reshahaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the shape of the nasal cartilages giving a thinner, more refined natural looking nose.

I like to to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and write a detailed operative plan .

I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding , bruising , and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional technique. It's not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery.

For more information please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

From the photos it is not possible to say for sure, but it seems you have small bones, and narrowing the bridge may result in collapse of your bones, resulting in further deformity.  The best thing would be to consult an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon with specific experience in your type of nose, known as the "Mestizo" nose.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

How to slim down a wide bridge? Rhinoplasty

Hello timetotransform,
Thanks for your question.
You can have nasal bone repositioning with osteotomies to narrow the bridge without making significant changes in the profile.
I have performed this procedure many times.
I wouldn't consider it a full rhinoplasty, just more of a minor rhinoplasty.
I would think most surgeons would charge less for this procedure than a full rhinoplasty.  In my practice, the fee for this procedure starts around $3000.  Additional fees for anesthesia and facility apply.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty to slim down a wide bridge

A closed rhinoplasty approach and accomplished limiting down the wide nasal bridge with all incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Osteotomy is placed in the nasal bones are necessary to narrow a wide bridge line, which is considered a full rhinoplasty. For more information, many examples, and our current price list, please see the video and the link below