Will my round silicone overs settle more into the lower pole of my breasts and thus raise my nipples? (photos)

I am day 12 post op and hoping that my round silicone overs are going to settle, raising my nipples a little. Do you think this is likely?

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.

Will my round silicone overs settle more into the lower pole of my breasts and thus raise my nipples?

You are very early into your recovery. Full results can take several months and up to a year to see. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Nipples raising with implant settling

You are fresh post-op, only time will tell if your implants will drop some more(and your nipples "raise" up). More difficult to tell from the pictures as your arms are elevated raising the breast mounds/implants in the photos.

Breast augmentation at 12 days

You are only twelve days out and it can take a while for the implants to completely settle into the pocket.

Nipple Position

Great Question! Without seeing your before pictures it is hard to tell if your nipple distance will get better or not. Implants alone will not help raise your nipple position a lot. Implants make you a bigger version of what you were before. You have some asymmetries in your nipple position, which is very common. Continue your displacement exercise on your implants to help them settle into your pocket and this could help you a little. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Implants fall

Thank you for your inquiry and given that you have an early result, your implants will fall.  I want to explain something to readers.  As breast implants fall the nipple/areola complex does not technically "rise".  What happens is that as the implant falls, the nipple/areolar complex becomes more centered on the mound. You look like you will have a nice result.  Good Luck.  

Early result

At 12 days, your BA early result looks fine. As tissues relax and the scarring settles, you will get more lift of the nipple-areola while the implant lowers. Your surgeon did a nice job, your photos look good.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Still too early to be concerned

Congratulations on your breast enhancement operation. Based on your photos, it appears the swelling you have is appropriate at this time in your post-op recovery. Breast shape and implant drop typically occurs between 6-12 weeks, and one may drop before the other. As the implants fall, your nipple/areola will project more and "lift" so to speak. Your plastic surgeon may share other specific details about your expected recovery, but no need to worry at this point and I'm sure you will be pleased with your results.Best of luck!

Will my implants settle and raise my nipples?

You are still really early in your recovery process. Based upon your photos, I would anticipate that your implants will continue to settle over the next few months! You should be very pleased with your results. I wish you the best of luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question. Because you are only 12 days post op I would expect that, yes, your implants would still slowly expand the lower poles of your breast a bit over the next few months. Try to be patient as you wait for your final results.
All the best