Is my scar keloid, or just normal? (Photo)

I got slashed on my face about 8 months ago and been left with a long scar on my nose the cut was very deep and when I had my stitches removed I had lumps appear on the side of my nose they have been there since and I use dermatix every night to help flatten been to docs and dermatologist who said it is not keloid but because it's still fresh could become one please can someone help me I've been depressed for ages there's a pic when I just had the wound stitched and a pic of it now

Nasal scar

This scar is not a keloid. It is a hypertrophic scar, meaning it is raised and spread. If the laser resurfacing of the scar doesn't improve it to your liking, you may want to consider surgical excision of the scar and repair. This can be done under local anesthesia. If this is of interest to you, obtain a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss.

Scar on Nose After Injury, What Can I Do?

I am very sorry you went through this.  The best option for you at this point is to begin a series of fractional laser treatments combined with pulsed dye laser.  Adding microneelding and PRP will likely help give an even better improvement.  I suggest an in person consultation. Luckily the nose heals very well from laser treatments and often after traumatic scars can be markedly improved;  IF you find a well experienced expert cosmetic physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar therapy for the nose

Our office specializes in scar revision. I would begin with application of Plato's Scar Serum twice daily followed by a combination protocol including laser, IIT, and scar therapy. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS