Shall I go on Roaccutane?

I have body acne and have had it for years. I have been on medication for a year and a half and recently been prescribed a gel to apply. But nothing seems to be happening or improving. Is it a good idea to go on Roaccutane? Although my face isn't too bad I can get bad breakouts on my back. I get the odd one on my chest but it's mainly my shoulders and back. Help!

Accutane is a great treatment for acne.  I would recommend that you consult with a board certified Dermatologist and let him/her know that your topical treatment isn't working.  Then, share with them that you're considering Accutane as a treatment option.

I hope that you found this helpful,

Dr. Tam