Is it rippling or swelling?

Day after my surgery I felt that my cleavage area felt like paper. 2 days post op I noticed rippling, I've been advised that it is due to the swelling and fluid in my breast. Could it be that I have rippling or could it be due to the swelling of the breast. I am 2 weeks post op

Hard to say

Pictures would help in order to see how much tissue you have covering the implant.  Rippling this early after surgery is often found in women who have had children and have wide stretch marks.  Since a stretch mark is a very thin layer of skin over no dermis any swelling is transmitted through them which raises them above the normal skin level.  This will resolve. 

Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Rippling

You need to be examined in person, or at least photographs to answer this question.  Rippling can be seen in very thin patients, but would be unusual at only 2 weeks postoperatively.  You may be seeing some findings due to edema.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

IS it rippling or swelling?

Thank you for your question. An in person assessment or photo is required to better answer the question. Rippling can happen with breast implants typically on thin patients. Some times you will start to notice any rippling as the swelling dissipates. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swelling or Rippling

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine without an assessment. I'd recommend booking an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

All the best.

Swelling and/or rippling

without photos or an examination, it would be very difficult to advise you. At 2 days or even 2 weeks, it is common for patients to experience swelling. Good luck and keep your follow-up appointments.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Likely swelling

Thank you for your question. At this early stage after surgery it is most likely from swelling. Be sure to voice your concerns with your PS at your next postoperative visit. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Rippling of implants

In my experience, it would be rare to see rippling just two days after surgery. Usually there so much swelling that any rippling that is intrinsic to the implant would be hidden. Most likely it's the swelling that's causing what you're feeling. I recommend following up with your chosen plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Rippling or swelling

I agree that at this time the likely situation is swelling. However, it is hard to answer the question without photos and or an in person examination. I highly suggest following up with your plastic surgeon to be examined in order to adequately and properly answer that question.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Most likely swelling?

Thanks. At this stage so soon after surgery I would consider swelling to be the most likely cause of your symptoms. However, if your implants are above the muscle, are textured and are large for your frame -  rippling cannot be ruled out. Have an exam with your PS and see what they believe is the cause. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Rippling vs swelling

Thank you for your question. Without more information ( implant type and position placement ) before and after photos, and a physical exam it is difficult to answer your question. As you are only 2 weeks post op there is still swelling. I tell all my patients it takes 4-5 months for implants to fully settle and all the swelling to resolve. Best of luck