Why do I have these results? (Photos)

I payed for a full tummytuck my surgeon in the end didn't do muscle repair, i am 9 months po i have a bulge under my belly button & I'm not at all happy with my results also my scaring is awful before & after photos can i ask for revision ?my weight has stayed the same

Tummy tuck - unhappy with result

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck result.

• I am so sorry you are unhappy with your tummy tuck result.
  • Of course you can ask for a revision.
  • If your surgeon did not repair your abdominal muscle, s/he needs to explain why or do it now.
  • In your profile, you have a very swayed back - this pushes the abdomen forward -
  • And will not be corrected with a tummy tuck unfortunately.
  • In the photos, it seems your chief concern is the loose skin and fat.
  • you will always have loose skin when you sit - we need that skin when we stand up.
  • You may however want some liposuction to slim your result on the front and sides.
  • Expect to pay less for something your surgeon should have done and didn't like your muscle repair, than for something that was not covered by your surgical fee - such as the liposuction.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Why do I have these results?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after tummy tuck surgery. Based on your photographs, I think that you will benefit from revisionary surgery which will likely include additional skin excision and/or liposuction surgery.  If the "muffin top" area is of concern, then the tummy tuck incision may need to be extended to the flank or lower back areas. If abdominal wall laxity is of concern, then muscle plication should be considered.

Generally, I find that the vast majority of patients undergoing tummy tuck surgery ( secondary to wait gain/loss and/or pregnancy), benefit from muscle plication.

Assuming you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon, address your concerns/goals directly with him/her. Working together you should be able to come up with a plan to improve your outcome. Best wishes.