Will this be my result with a chin implant? (Photo)

I am just asking professional opinions if this would be my result with an implant i realy don't want slideing genioplasty iv already had braces on twice and had my front teeth crowned I'm hoping this would be a near expectation of an implant any opinions greatly appreciated.

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Are My Execttions Following a Chin Implant Realistic?

Your expectations re improved chin projection and definition following implant placement are very realistic. Consult with a surgeon who can show you multiple examples of results in patients who had a chin like yours.

Will this be my result with a chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. I do believe that the result shown could be achieved using the proper shape, size and placement of a chin implant in the hands of an experienced Chin Augmentation Surgeon.Hope this helps.

Hello elly2106 -Thanks for your question.  The result that you seek can be closely approximated with a chin implant.  The implant can be customized at the time of surgery to create the look you are going for.  As long as you have normal occlusion from the use of braces, a chin implant is a great option.I would recommend that you consult with a facial surgery specialist to better understand your options and try different sizes and types of implants on in the office to see what you might look like.Good luck,Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

The digitally morphed photos do appear realistic by an experienced chin implant surgeon. Chin implants manufactured in large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed under local anesthesia through a small incision underneath the chin which takes approximately 30 minutes. For more information and many  chin implant examples, please see link and the video below