How can I remove my under eye circles/lines/darkness? (photos)

I'm only 20 and have had them for as long as I can remember. Surgical and non surgical advise please.

Improving under eye circles

I see that you have slight hollowing along with dark pigment in your under eye.  I would recommend treating it with both Q-Switched-laser and a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane.

Sandy Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving under eye circles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sandy Dermatologic Surgeon

Bags

You may want to talk to a doctor to see if fillers may work for you. Maybe talk to them about Belotero, or what other fillers they recommend. this is something that you do not need surgery for .

Bags

Injectable filler

At your age I would recommend injectable filler to the area. This would achieve results that last a few months. 

Injectable filler

Dark circles under the eye most often from volume deficiency

Dark circles (generally actually hollows) are extremely common. If you've always had them, then it's likely a genetic trait that includes both a volume deficiency and tendency for pigment under the skin to show through.

Some people will notice marked changes when they are tired and the circles can be almost black.

In any case, placing a volumizing filler in the tear trough will eliminate the persistent shadowing. To date, Restylane has been the choice in my practice because it's a clear gel with no light bounce back and lasts a fairly long time in nearly all patients.

Diet can affect the color cast under the skin. And sometimes dark circles indicate a food allergy that you may not be aware of.

Sleep, a healthy diet, minimal caffeine and fresh air can be a brightening prescription on it's own, though in your case there seems to be a definitive volume issue.

Anemia (iron deficiency) may be at play too. It makes sense to look at the problem from all perspectives. Only treating it from one is less than ideal.

Filler and Q Switch laser

I think that a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm Volbella would be ideal - this will make the tear toughs less obvious, and provide volume.

I also combine this with 1064 laser skin toning with a Q Switch laser- low power, 8-10 treatments. 

With the above, expect 40-50% improvement.

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia.  

Filler and Q Switch laser

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia.