Is it possible to go from a 32 FF to a 32 b/c cup? Advice?

So my question is is it possible to go from a 32 FF to a 32 b/c cup and just general advise with all that I've said and what do I say to my surgeon cause he's a bit arrogant. Height: 167.5cm Weight: 63kg Body mass index: 22.5kg/m2

Find a new surgeon

It may not be possible to get that small. If you cannot ask your surgeon simple questions before surgery, what is it going to be like after surgery???

Is it possible to go from a 32 FF to a 32 b/c cup?

Thank you for your question.  It is possible to reduce the breasts to varying degrees, depending on your goals.  It's important that you communicate your expectations well to your surgeon.  If you're not comfortable with your surgeon, be sure to consult with several other experienced board certified plastic surgeons before proceeding.  Good luck. 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Yes, it is possible to reduce the breasts size very significantly. The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue; if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola) may be compromised. Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible) then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival. 

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Based on comments made in your post, it will be important that you be able to communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon. This careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. Most patients wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. I suggest that you do not communicate your goals in terms of achieving a specific cup size. For example, a “B or C cup” may mean different things to different people and therefore may be a source of miscommunication. In my practice, I ask patients to communicate their goals with the help of goal photographs.
I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps. Best wishes.

Bigger is not always Better

It is hard to guarantee a cup size after a breast reduction.  You have to leave enough tissue behind to give blood supply to the nipple and not thin the tissue too much.  So without seeing you--its a guess--but it sounds like you could be taken down to the C range.  Breast reduction patients are generally among the happiest we see.  Symptom relief, back pain, neck pain etc is almost immediate.  The recovery is generally not too bad.  Very tight feeling initially, like you are engorged when you milk comes in.  Most of my patients return to work in 2 weeks, some sooner a few take longer. Most common complications are minor healing issues.  Hope this helps with the basics.  If you think your surgeon is arrogant, it might be worth seeking a surgeon that you are more comfortable with.  This is a fairly straightforward procedure and it is important that you have a good relationship with the doctor.  Good luck, Jane