Can I put my nose underwater after rhino and septoplasty

I had a Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty 3 days ago, i have the splint still and my nose is bleeding alot on the left side, but there is alot of gooey mucus on the right side, I was wondering if i could put the tip of my nose underwater to just clear out the mucus and blood.

Cleaning the Nose after Rhinoplasty

Following Rhinoplasty Surgery there are several things that may help clean mucous and blood from the area.  Submerging the nose in water is probably not a good idea.  Use of nasal saline spray can be helpful along with use of cotton swabs to gently wipe away the debris.  You may also consider use of peroxide on a cotton swab to help remove the debris.  Best Regards

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-operative wound care

Following a septorhinoplasty, it is not uncommon to have crusting and mucus build up from the procedure and the intranasal incisions or packing/splints.  While submerging your nose underwater may seem like a good idea to loosen the crusts and help with some of these problems, I would not recommend it.  Generally, gentle use of nasal saline spray and q-tips can help clean your suture lines and clear your nose of crusting/mucus.  Best of luck with the healing process!

Jeffrey Rawnsley, MD

Swelling, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nose under water at three days?

That is a good question to ask your surgeon - but my answer would be no.I have patients use nasal saline spray, but submerging the nose in water seem ill-advised to me.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Immerse the nose?

No!  Please do not immerse your nose underwater. This can put you at risk of infection as well as dislodge your splint/cast. If it is bleeding, you need to call your surgeon and be evaluated.