How can I prove I have capsular contracture? (Photo)

I've suffered hardness,pain,tightness so a point it stops me from doing alot of Dailly things like pick up my child. I woke from surgery 9 months ago with pain at top of right breast. My surgeon denies it cc but I've seen another and he says he believes it is. My contract says they will replace then if it is but how do I prove it ?and why is one droppy (not before) and other swell like last picture.

How can I prove I have capsular contracture?

Greetings 

Thank you for your question, You will need an exam with your surgeon. consultation with your surgeon is the best.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

CC

Sadly, I can not determine if you have capsular contracture online. It requires an in person exam. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Capsular Contracture

Thank you for your question and photos however capsular contracture must be determined with an in-person exam. You may seek second opinions through a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

All the best

I appreciate your question.

You need to be physically examined in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to make the diagnosis of capsular contracture.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Can Contracture Be Proven

The only way to tell for sure whether you have capsular contracture is to visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have an in-office exam. There are several levels of contracture, and your "contract" may only cover certain levels. Depending upon the manufacturer of your implants, they may warrantee them and cover some of the costs if revision surgery is needed. I would recommend you try to discuss all your options with your current surgeon. If he/she seems unwilling to discuss the possibility of contracture, then you may want to visit another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion. I hope this helps.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contractures

You need to be examined in person to be properly evaluated to determine whether or not you have a capsular contracture.  Best of luck.

Possible Contracture

You might indeed have a contracture. Frequently, a contracture will cause the implant to move to slightly higher location in the breast. When this happens, the nipple can appear to begin to point downward. I would consider going back to your doctor first just as you did. If you still trust your doctor and have a good relationship, then go back again and discuss the other doctor's opinion... asking for help. That will probably work, but if not then seek help elsewhere with someone else whom you trust to do the surgery. Good luck!

Scott W. Harris, MD, FACS

Best to call the implant company and start a compliant process. Plus seek written opinions from 3 boarded PSs to the dx of cc. 

Dear Jreeve,
Im sorry you are unhappy with the results of your breast augmentation. Capsular contractures are diagnosed by physical exam, so there are no special studies needed. They are graded 1 through 4, and a 1 means essentially there is no contracture and the breast feels soft and natural. A grade 2 CC feels firmer than a natural breast, but is not distorted in shape. Grade 2 CC are typically not reported in the literature and do not require surgery. Grade 3 CC are firm and the shape is distorted, Grade 4 CC are the same as 3's but are also painful. Pain without an advanced capsular contracture is a very poor indication for surgery.
Looking at your pre-op photos from a previous post your right breast is smaller and higher than the left, so your post op results show the same asymmetry. I would try to work together with your surgeon to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Good luck.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon