Is it possible to get two procedures done at the same time? Lipo and breast enlargement.

I am looking into getting a Brest enlargement but I would also like to get Lipo, would it be possible to get these done at the same time or would I have to come back for a separate operation?

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Combination surgery

Yes it is. Combining procedures is commonplace amongst experienced plastic surgeons. Just be sure your surgeon has the expertise to achieve the best outcome for you in both areas.

All the very best,

Jonathan

Jonathan Adamthwaite, FRCS (Plast)
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and breast augmentation at the same time?

Lots of my patients will combine procedures and have them done in one surgery.  It saves you money and an extra recovery.  As long as it can be safely done together as far as time is concerned, there's no reason to have to separate them.  Good luck!

Two procedures

Hello, yes it is possible and it is also very common to have them performed at one single stage surgery.

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

Thank your or your question.  If a patient is a good candidate for both procedures and in good health, we often combine these procedures to produce beautiful overall results in our patients.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you may be evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and then work together to build the surgical plan that best helps you achieve the overall look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast augmentation & liposuction

Yes, the two are commonly performed together but I would recommend when looking for a surgeon to perform your breast augmentation and liposuction that you choose one who is board certified and specializes in body contouring. You may also want to look on the ASPS website as this lists board certified plastic surgeons in your area. I would also look at the surgeon’s credentials, memberships, educational background, reviews and before and afters. Before and afters are a good indicator of their techniques and outcomes from these surgeries and reading reviews from other patients is a good way to see what their experience with the doctor was like. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

This combination surgery can be done safely at the same time. However, there are several important things to consider:

1. Patient selection ( overall medical condition and health status).

2.  Appropriate candidates for the proposed procedure ( depending on physical/psychological assessment).

3.  Quality of plastic surgeons training and experience.

4.  Credentials/experience of anesthesiologist.

5.  Location of planned procedure ( fully accredited?).

You should consider each one of these factors;  if in doubt address these concerns with your plastic surgeon.  if you still have concerns a second  opinion (consultation) may be indicated.

Breast implant and liposuction procedures can be performed at the same time

This is a very good question.  This combination of procedures is very commonly performed and is one of the options offered for a Mommy Makeover.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Yes

Combined cosmetic surgeries are done very often. Breast augmentation and liposuction can be done at same time as long as there are no health related issues in patient.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Can this be combined?

It is very common to combine operations. Typically it is the total time under anesthesia that drives what can be combined, though there are some operations that can't be. Breast augmentation and liposuction are routinely combined. Good luck!