With photos; Are my implants too low ? My chest wall is very flat 32 b - 32 E. (photos)

With photos , can I ask do my implants look too low or am I being to critical , , the before pic is not me but very simlar to what I started with my surgeon said no to bigger due to chest space my ribs measure 29inch so i had 450cc max ,,,,high profile cohesive gel mentor I'm 5 weeks post op was told no uplift was needed , my skin is quite thin an terrified they will drop further , giving me your opinion would be appreciated thanks

With photos; Are my implants too low ? My chest wall is very flat 32 b - 32 E.

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. Everyone heals at different rates so what you are experiencing is quite normal. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

I think you have a good early result. You will need to wait for the final result.  There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant.  Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you have a nice result from your breast augmentation.  While it is true that because you are at five weeks post-op your breasts should reduce in swelling and drop further, you should discuss your concerns with your operating surgeon to see what he or she would suggest for you to minimize further dropping.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast implants

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast implant settling after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, it is common to have different women's implants settle at different rates over different periods of time. They will remain high for at least a few weeks. If your pre-existing anatomy has your breast creases or breast folds at different positions, they implants will settle to different places. So your preoperative anatomy has a lot to do with a final result. So does the skill of your plastic surgeon, size of breast implants, saline and silicone settle differently, skin quality and activity levels. You are still early so give it some more time. It may take 2-4 months to really see where you are.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Good position

Thanks for your question and the photos. Because of your think skin and the large implant there will be a tendency to stretch and the weight of the implant pull downward. I would encourage you to wear a good support bra early on and avoid any downward push on the implant. Because the implant is wider than the base of the breast, it was probably necessary to stretch out the lower pole of the breast to allow the implant to sit as low as possible. This keeps it from riding too high. You don't need a lift. Best of Luck!

Good position

Your Breasts Are Not Too Low

According to anatomic landmarks, your breasts are not too low. We use the landmark of having the nipple position and CENTRALIZATION of the nipple in the middle of the breast mound. My personal standard for a beautiful breast augmentation result is the nipple in the center of the breast mound, a natural slope to the top (not a bulge) and roundness to the bottom. Your breast foundation is a little low on your chest wall and this is normal. You do not have excess skin showing between the nipple and breast crease so your result is natural and very nice

James Romano, MD

Your Breasts Are Not Too Low

James Romano, MD

Appears as a nice early result. Only time will tell if decent will continue to occur???????.............

Implants too low?

I think that you have a nice result and shouldn't be worried too much. Keep in constant touch with your PS and he will advise you accordingly.

Best regards

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Implants too low?

Best regards

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Are implants too low?

At 5 weeks post op you appear to have a very nice result.  Follow your surgeon's post op instructions for a good recovery.

Are implants too low?

Breast implant position at five weeks postoperatively

It is very early in the postoperative period to assess the final position of your breast implants. In my opinion they are positioned properly. You need to wait at least three months to assess the final position of the implants. My suggestion would be if you feel the implants are too low