Open roof deformity? (Photo)

I had an open rhinoplasty 9 days ago to reduce a slight hump and tip refinement. The day my cast came off the bridge of my nose was very swollen. The has started to reduce but I think I may have an open roof deformity. I have two ridges either side of the bridge and it looks flat. Could this be swelling? I did not have osteotomies.

Open Roof Deformity after Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question.  It does not appear that you have much residual swelling and swelling of the dorsum tends to resolve fairly quickly.  It does appear on the front view that you may have an open roof deformity.  Lateral and sometimes medial osteotomies are often necessary correct the open roof created by a dorsal hump reduction.  I would not recommend correction at this point but if the anterior view still persists at 6 months I would recommend the osteotomies to correct the issue.  One of my before and after photos is of a patient who had this exact issue after a rhinoplasty with another surgeon and it was relatively simple to correct with the secondary surgery.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 weekafter a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD