Nearly 9 months since Brest augmentation and mastopexy and just wondered if normal? 375 cc implants. Lollipop cut. (photos)

I notice A difference in my left boob. you see in before pic was more of a droop my surgeon said he will put in more cc to Evan out.my nipples are noticeably different in size aswell.I never had my last check up with the surgeon either as was cancelled by clinic. Also you see from side portfolio my left boob isn't as rounded as right. I just wanted to see if this is normal or a correction needed?Does more skin need to be taken away on left boob or would putting a slightly higher cc correct this?

Augmentation mastopexy revision

After a prior augmentation mastopexy, skin laxity can sometimes be adjusted without altering the deep implant position.  If the implant position is felt desirable, and the implants are relatively new and without complication (i.e. capsular contracture, potential asymptomatic rupture, malposition, or old and at increased risk of rupture) then a superficial lift revision, or skin tightening procedure can help achieve the desired breast shape and lift.   Sometimes  a more complicated revision is necessary - where the implants must be exchanged, partial or complete capsulectomy performed, and a revision of the skin and soft tissue component of the breast is necessary.   Make sure to see a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for an appropriate history and physical exam to determine the best operative course.

Nearly 9 months since Brest augmentation and mastopexy and just wondered if normal? 375 cc implants. Lollipop cut. (

In you pre operative picture you can see that your left breast is very different from your right breast to start with. Surgery usually does not really correct some of the asymmetry that you have. Your left breast shape is very different from your right breast shape overall so I could have predicted that they would look different. Overall it looks like a nice result and I is really hard for me to tell you exactly if what you are seeing is normal or not. It is something that one can tell at a physical exam easier. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Revision is a possibility

Thanks for your question and the photos. In looking at your result and comparing it to the preop photo, the shape difference was there at the beginning. I do think that the revision would be to remove some skin excess and decrease the diameter size of the areola. The other side might need to have a larger implant as well but it's hard to say without an exam. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

A small touch up would work

From what I can see in your photographs, the right breast had a little more skin as well as a smaller amount of volume than the left. The size to me has been nicely corrected but there has been a re-stretching of the skin on that right side. A small touchup can be done to remove that skin and make the areola the same size as the opposite. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS