What could be done to improve my nose? (Photo)

I would like to have a subtle change to narrow my nose, lift the tip and eliminate the hump. I don't want to completely change my nose or face, but something more akin to the celeb nose jobs we see nowadays that refine their noses.

What Could Be Done to Improve My Nose?

I agree with your evaluation and your goals. Consult with a surgeon who devotes most of their practicwe to this surgery so you achieve a natural feminine result. You don't need celebrity examples, just look at the websites of surgeons you're considering for multiple results you like in patients who had noses similar to yours. 

You certainly can achieve a subtle change from a rhinoplasty. It appears that your nose should be shortened and your nasal tip supported a little more. There is a twist of your bridge. This can be corrected while narrowing your bridge and removing your dorsal hump. These changes can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty technique. Good luck..

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery

Your goals and comments about your nose are very appropriate.

You should expect a natural looking nose with smoothing the hump and refining the tip.

Ensure you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and have a chance to review examples of previous rhinoplasty cases .

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Great rhinoplasty candidate

You're a great candidate, not just because you have specific anatomical issues that can be seen in photos, but because you know what they are and you know what you want. All of your goals are reasonable. Find a good plastic surgeon in your area, or find a few, and go on some consults. You can get a sense of what to expect from each one, and then go for it. Just find a doctor you trust with good photos and reviews, and you'll be happy that you did!

Subtlety is the answer

A natural looking nose is the preferred goal of most rhinoplasty surgeons today. Subtle refinements that improve your looks without making it obvious that you have had cosmetic surgery are best. I agree with your own assessment. Lifting the tip and removing the hump should be the main two goals. Your nose is probably already the correct width in the upper two thirds but may benefit from some slight tip refinement in the lower third. Good luck! 

Jason Roth, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Facial Plastic Surgeon

What could be done to improve my nose?

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries over the past 30 years.  From the photos, your nose is C-shaped with the nasal bones deviated to the right, there is a slight dorsal hump with a nasal tip that's a bit wide and under-rotated (makes the nose appear long).  Closed Rhinoplasty can reduce the dorsal hump, straighten the nose, thin and slightly rotate the nasal tip making the nose more refined and feminine in appearance.  The surgery talkes about 1 hour, no nasal packing is used and out of state or international Rhinoplasty patients fly home 1 week following the Rhinoplasty.

Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal and refinement

A closed rhinoplasty procedure can address making subtle changes to the nose such as shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge and refining the nasal tip, with all incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Hi Kpow5,

I agree with you that minor changes to your nose would be all that is necessary to give it a more refined look. I would recommend that you slightly lift the tip, remove the hump, and address any dorsal irregularities and you should be in great shape. This will give you a nose that still looks like it belongs on your face, but will give you a gentler, less harsh appearance to the nose.

Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

What could be done to improve my nose?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon