Will my implants drop, smoothing out the indentation? (Photo)

I have recently had nreast implants and an uplift approximately 2weeks after surgery I had an infection in the left breast which required further surgery. The surgeon has placed the new implant under the muscle and left the older one out of the muscle. I have npw been left with a prominent indent in the left breast. Will the new implant drop the same as the other and what can I do to reduce the indent I have been left with.

Wait at least 6 weeks if no sign of infection

Thank you for your question. It often takes many weeks, if not months to see the final results from your breast surgery and for the implants to settle. As long as signs of an infection do not occur again, I would wait at least 6 weeks before consulting with your surgeon again. I would consider revisional surgery only after one year post surgery to allow for swelling and scar tissue to settle.

Implant revision

The left implant may drop some but you will probably need revision of that side at some point.  You may even need fat grafting to fill out the dent.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon