I had a tummy tuck 5 weeks ago and on one side my skin don't feel as tight as the other side? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck and liposuction and muscle repair 5 weeks ago. Basically my belly feels firm all over apart from my right side just above the incision. When I tap that part of my belly the skin isn't as tight but the other side it doesn't do that at all. It's firm all over just that small bit on the right. Could that be a seroma ?

Could I have a seroma?

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is hard to know if you have a seroma.  I suggest you see your surgeon to be evaluated.  

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (1 month post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Your tummy tuck scars will usually flatten and fade between 9-12 months but can sometimes take closer to 18 months. Scar fading depends on your genetics. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon