I know its unlikely for mentor silicone c-gel to rupture and leak but not impossible right ??

I got implants just over a year ago and have had one larger and painful since I woke from surgery but the left was ok till 7 weeks post op when I had a large sharp shock down the side of the left. over the last year it's loosing 8ts shape it feels like thiers not an implant in it more like a ball of sludge . lately it's felt like it's being compressed and 2 days ago I felt a lump about 1.5cm round at the top of the breast and now my boob is painful and I cab feel smaller lumps

Breast implant leaks are rare but possible.

Breast implants, like any medical device, can fail and don’t have a lifetime guarantee, although the overall percentage rate for implant rupture incidence is low. Scar tissue, or capsular contracture, forming around the breast implant could be causing the lumps, soreness and swelling you describe, and capsular contracture can develop in response to a leak. It's a good idea to visit your plastic surgeon to find out what’s going on and discuss treatment options. An MRI is typically needed to detect a leak or rupture in silicone implants.

Possible rupture

Certainly you have enough symptoms to warrant an evaluation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Implants can rupture a lot earlier than you might expect.  If both breasts are soft, meaning no capsular contracture (Baker 1), implant integrity can be assessed by careful physical exam.  Implant rupture alone typically would not cause pain.  However capsular contracture can cause pain and cause the implanted breasts to look and feel different.  Additionally it is important to evaluate the lumps to determine whether it is a fold in the implant or a true breast mass which would call for further evaluation.  Implant rupture this early is covered by the manufacturers warranty.  If you purchased the additional warranty for capsular contracture, then that would typically be covered as well.

Gene Sloan, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Ruputured silicone implant?

Hi jreeve.  It may be "unlikely" but surely not impossible.  You describe significant changes in your breast that are at least suggestive of an implant rupture.  I would recommend that you see your doctor, and let him evaluate it.  Likely he will recommend an MRI to make the determination.
I hope it's not a rupture.
All the best.
Sek

Possible rupture of silicone gel implant

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are facing with your breasts.
I urge you to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for a thorough examination of your breasts.
There could be a failure of the implant device – i.e., rupturing, tears, etc. Since you describe a “compression and pain,” there may alternatively be a capsular contracture.   Your surgeon may best tell you. You may require an MRI to check for the presence of gel leakage or to determine whether your silicone implant has indeed ruptured.
Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your breast issues.  As your symptoms have been a distinct change in your recovery I would recommend a through exam by your surgeon to identify a possible rupture of your silicone implant.  Further radiologic testing may be needed to investigate the integrity of your implant's shell which can also provide you with reassurance if all is well.  Hope this helps.