Where can I get hold of Embrace scar treatment? They will not ship direct to the UK.

I'm having a breast lift soon and want to have 'Embrace scar therapy'. I have contacted the manufacturer and they will not ship to the UK. Is there any other way I can purchase this system?

Ask a friend?

Hi and thanks for your questions. I might suggest you ask a friend to purchase it in the USA and then ship it to you in England. Best, Dr. ALDO

How to Improvehe skin to reduce the tension on the sdca Scars

Embrace Scar Treatment is a product that you apply to the skin to reduce the tension on the scar to keep it from spreading.  This is a good idea, but there are other less expensive methods. One is the use of Steristrips or tapes across the scar. These as well as the Embrace need to be used continuously for at least 3 months. Embrace sells a 4 week supply but recommends 8 weeks. This is not adequate as the scar has not yet matured and can still spread. The best way to improve scars is to close the wound with a buried permanent or semipermanent suture that will hold it until the scar has matured and is strong enough to resist the tension on the skin. This takes a minimum of 3-4 months. In a breast lift, the other thing that helps is to use what has been called an internal bra. this consists of leaving a strip of dermis (the support layer of skin) at the incision (the epithelium is removed for about a cm before incising deep). This is closed with 1 or 2 layers of buried sutures that do not dissolve for at least 6 months. In the US, PDS is the suture that meets these requirements. Instead of using Embrace, I suggest you discuss with your plastic surgeon how he or she closes the wound. By doing the above, my scars are usually almost invisible by 4-6 months.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon