Will high profile give me upper pole fullness?

Hi I r really need some help I'm 26 with two kids I really want the round fake look will 385 cc over the muscle give me the fullness and the roundness I want. I think I need a uplift but my Dr said I don't need one I'm 34b deflated 5ft1 6st 6 Under boob measures 12 Under boob to nippe thing is 21 which is borderline needing an uplift I think My waist Is 22inch Will my boobs still look the same just bigger or will a ba high profile over the muscle give me the fake look plz help.....

Breast implants are not lifetime devices

Unfortunately, breast implants (regardless of shape or profile) will not give you long term 'fake look' results. Implants are heavy and as such can be very unstable and change/shift. They cause skin stretch deformities and irreversible soft tissue damage that is very difficult to correct - subjecting women to future revisionary procedures. My best advise to you is to choose the smallest implant possible (lighter in weight) and maintain its placement by wearing a good supportive bra 24/7 to minimize skin stretching and malposition complications. Without photographs, it is impossible to comment regarding the need for a lift. Unscrupulous surgeons advise a large augmentation when what a patient really needs is a lift. Please do your homework and consult Board Certified Plastic surgeons in good standing. You may want to visit the breast augmentation revision forum on this site for more information.
Wish you well.

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Upper Pole Fullness

Higher profile would provide more upper pole fullness- provided that you choose a more projecting implant with the appropriate base width. The high profile implants which fit you will have more volume than the moderate implants which fit you. You would  have larger, and more projecting breasts.

If you feel that you need a lift, it might not be a bad idea to seek a second opinion in person. Without photos or an exam it is difficult to advise you.

All the best

High profile implants

The best way to consider high profile implants is to realize that you get more projection, but less height and width. What is also very important is something called the fill ratio, which allows more of the silicone gel to stay in the upper pole.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

High profile

It is a very common perception that high profile means more upper pole fullness. But what high profile means is a narrower base diameter with more projection for the same volume.  So if your concern is primarily upper pole fullness just express that to your plastic surgeon and allow the surgeon to pic the profile which will allow him to achieve your goals.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  In order to answer your question effectively, photos are really required.  The amount of "upper pole fullness" that you achieve will not only be dictated by the size, shape and fill of the implant, but also by your preoperative appearance (skin quality, need for a lift, chest length, etc.)  If you have only been on one consultation and you feel unsure, I recommend consulting with more than one board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

A fake look for breast implants

In general, the higher the profile #breastimplant, the more projection you will see and the more upper pole fullness. A high profile or ultra high profile would be options, depending on how "fake" you want your look.

The decision on which plane for implant placement will be best for you depends on several factors including you soft tissue thickness of the upper pole of the breast, so I would need to examine you to give you a recommendation on which plane would be best for you.

As for the need for a #breastlift, I could not comment without photos and more measurements. A board certified PS can discuss measurements.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Without knowing what you look like it is not possible to make any comments on what surgery be helpful to reach your goal. The word High as in high profile refers to how far the implants sticks out from your chest, not how high it goes up your chest, this seems to be a very common misconception. But you are right that the higher the profile and the larger the volume the more fake the look.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Thank you for your question.  Yes a high profile implant will supply you with greater projection and to some degree upper pole fullness.  That said if you want the round fake look you may want to look into the higher fill silicone implants, such as Inspira or Sientras to achieve a more rounded upper breast appearance.  

Creating upper pole fullness with breast augmentation.

Generally a higher profile implant will give more upper pole fullness with some notable exceptions. If the diameter of the chest is quite large a lower profile implant will introduce more volume in the upper half of the chest because of a larger diameter given an equal volume with other implant profiles. This will be explained to you by your plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation

Generally, higher profile implants will give more upper pole fullness.  3D imaging preop can give you an idea of what a particular profile and size will do for you.

John L. Burns Jr., MD