Healing and growth after Hair Transplant. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi Dr's If you could take a look at a area where I have had a HT, around 8 weeks ago. The healing still seems very redness and the texture of the skin is different The remaining hairs are hairs from a previous transplant, and I would say I've lost the grafts recently Implanted. But if you look at the photo I do not see any new hair growth Or when beginning of hairs between the gaps. So I am rather worried at this point Please advise

Hair growth after transplant

At 8 weeks you are having normal progression after a hair transplant.You may shed the grafted hairs as they enter a resting growth phase which occurs around 2-4 weeks.At 2-3 months the transplanted hairs will start to grow initially as very fine hair then thicker over the next few months.Your native hair within the recipient areas where the new graphs are implanted may fall out.This is called shock loss.To help reduce this shock it is recommended that you be on Finasteride or Minoxidil at least for the first few months after hair transplant.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

2 months after a hair transplant

What I see is a well healed recipient area that probably shed significant amounts of the transplanted hair as expected. Doing well in my opinion. See example of 4 days post op below in web reference

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are having redness and issues, it is best to contact your doctor. Photos and questions on the Internet would be limited

If you are having redness and issues, it is best to contact your doctor. Photos and questions on the Internet would be limited to generalizations.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth after hair transplant

It is normal for the hair shafts to fall off after the second week. The new hair wil start to come in after three to four months, it may take up to 18 months for all the hair to grow in. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Healing and growth after Hair Transplant. Any suggestions?

Thank you for posting your question. From looking at your photo attached, you are only 2 months out post procedure. The redness is normal, and sometimes it can take weeks to months for the redness to go away. At 2 months out it is too early to see any growth. You have to wait atleast 4 to 6 months to see a difference, and up to 12 months for full growth. You do not need to be worried at this stage, so far looks good.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Healing

Full healing and redness can take days and even months.  It can take up to a year in some cases to get full normalization.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist