I'm having a Hair Transplant surgery next week, how long do I have to wait to start trying for a baby?

Greetings thank you for your question. after your procedure you will need to wait for 3 weeks before you can start again. however do ask your surgeon before your surgery.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant surgery and having a baby are two different things. They are not related.

Hair transplant surgery and having a baby are two different things.  They are not related.  It may be best to ask your surgeon if you have specific issues or concerns.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Medications

Since there is no immediate urgency, I would recommend waiting until the grafts are fully seated, which is about 10 days to 2 weeks after surgery.  At that time, all the medications are out of your system, and the grafts will not be dislodged.  As always, I recommend asking your physician this question as he may administer other medications that may linger in your system longer.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wait to start trying for a baby

there is no relationship between trying to have baby and to getting a hair restoration surgery . any time you may try to have a baby no need to wait for that ... 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Does Hairtransplant interfere with pregnancy?

having a Hairtransplant surgery does not effect being pregnant or getting pregnant. You can try getting pregnant right away. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wait time

depending on which medications your transplant surgeon prescribes post op, the medication should be out of your system after the first week. Do keep in mind that when female hormones change, you will likely experience hair loss, especially after delivery of the baby. The hair grows back. If you are using other medications for hair loss, such as viviscal or minoxidil, I would discuss this with your ob to determine if these are safe for use during pregnancy and after, if you breast feed. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Hair transplant next week

After the hair transplant you can try to get pregnant as there will be no residual medications in your body by that time

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How long should I wait after a transplant to get pregnant?

There really aren't any restrictions post hair transplant to get pregnant once you finish any of the pain medications from the procedure.  You should be aware that you will likely lose a lot of hair after you deliver the baby.  It's very common for when to lose hair after delivery.  Therefore you will likely have your result and then take a step backward in the hair department.  Rest assured, it should come back.  If you are using romaine, as you should use something to ensure you do not lose more hair, consult your physician regarding using it during pregnancy.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon