Will I ever get a flat tummy? (Photo)

I am now 4 weeks post op,I don't feel good at all,my back and sides are very sore,it does get worse in the morning.I am still very swollen. Is this a normal swelling or I've got Seroma?

Tummy Tuck Swelling

Everything looks normal for 4 weeks.  I'm not sure if the bandaid indicates that a seroma has been drained or not.  If so then draining again my be necessary because they can occur, but generally at a smaller amount.  The swelling otherwise is normal.

Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after TT

You look quite good and it appears that you may have also had recent breast surgery which migh tincrease overall swelling. Keep the salt intake low, wear a garment but not a really tight one and exercise if it is OK with your doctor. I think you will have a great result.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Everything looks perfect for one month

Thanks for the question! Looking at your picture and the time period , you look perfectly fine. Swelling and stiffness takes close to 3 months if you have undergone lipoabdominoplasty. Please take care of what you eat and start with 45 min walk a day, it really helps mobilize water from edematous area and also relieve the stiffness. You will certainly love your body at 3 months but you need to work out too for that perfect shape, your surgeon has done his bit with perfection and its your turn to shape it up to perfection by good balanced diet and excercise as recommended by your trainer.

Monisha Kapoor, MBBS, MS, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Healing after a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. Healing after a tummy tuck is usually pretty straight forward.  There is a process of swelling and bruising that peaks at 3 days after surgery and then undergoes the first stage of major resolution in the first 2 weeks after surgery.  You,re still in the early phase of healing. The lateer phase of healing takes place over the 2-3 months after surgery where everything really settles and softens.  It is after this time that we are getting close to the final result, though this varies patient to patient. Wishing you a speddy recovery.

Swelling after TT

Hello,  thank you for sharing your photo and doubts.    You have to be patient with the process.  You only have 4 weeks post op and the swelling after a TT might persist for 6-8 months.   Hope this helps.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD