Can I fix this dent in my forehead? (photos)

I was born premature and had major surgery on my head as a baby as a result of it I know have this dent in my forehead which makes me really self conscious and also hurts when I cut my hair at my barbers I would like to know all my available options and the best one to hopefully get rid of this

Doctor Answers 2

Fillers and scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This maybe amendable to treatment. This is not a straight forward case. I think a team approach is needed- Plastics will need to be consulted. You have treatment options including tissue expansion with excision or even fillers. HOWEVER, filling in this area is extremely dangerous due to the blood supply of your forehead. You do need to see an expert for assessment before a 'yes' or 'no' answer can be delivered. All the best, Dr Davin Lim


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello, thanks for the question and picture! I can understand why this would bother you as well as causing issues with haircuts.  I recommend that you consult with a Plastic surgeon so that you can be evaluated in person.  Options to correct can be fat grafting or placement of an implant.  Fat grafting is appealing because it would have limited scarring and uses your own body's tissues, but may require multiple sessions to build up the area.  There are different types of implants that can be utilized as well.  Again, I would recommend that you consult with a Plastic surgeon to discuss all of your options.  Have a blessed day!

Soumo Banerji, MD
Houston Physician

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.