How easy is this depression on nose to fix (post revisions rhinoplasty). (photos)

Hi doctors, I would love to get a second opinion on this.. I had a revision rhinoplasty about 11 months ago and as the swelling had come down there is a noticeable depression on one side of my nose which is causing a noticeable assymetry. My question: why did this happen? how easy is this to fix? and what would you do to fix it (at first look)? Thank you!

Nasal Asymmetry

Hi,

Sorry that things have not turned out the way you would like. Possible causes for nasal asymmetry after rhinoplasty can include slipped cartilage grafts, distortion from internal and external splints, or sutures that have separated prematurely. There still may be swelling that needs to go down but most likely not enough to symmetrize the nostrils. Without seeing your pre-op photos it is difficult to see how much progress has been made, you need to have your nose evaluated in person to find out the cause. You should revisit things with your current surgeon as he knows your nose best but also seek out second opinions. 

Dr. S

Rhnoplasty revision

It looks as though the alar rim is slightly raised on the right  .This is due to either mal -positioning of the lower lateral cartilage  or loss of cartilage at the alar rim .  It can be improved with fillers or a secondary surgery .

Thanks

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon