Using dermapen at home; can anyone advise me?

I'm a trained dermapen user and tried using it on my own skin, on my face so the pen wasnt facing downwards it was facing horizontal and the glide on gel was getting into the needles and this made it feel like the needles were catching onto my skin. Can anyone advise? Would the gel getting into the needles causing catching onto the skin or may it have just been feeling like that because the gel got into the needles? The pen was held at 90 degrees but horizontal.

Thanks for your query. It is advisable not to do your dermapen yourself even if you are a trained user as there could be some complications. Generally the gel must be penetrating through the needle that is why you must be experiencing such.Hope it Helps.All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon