Is this swelling normal?

I finally had a 5cms seroma excised from about belly button level, slightly to the right, ps said all was very straightforward. He took away what he needed too (think he said one side but I'm not sure ??) and used quilting stitches. No drain no binder ? Day 4 and I'm really swollen, is this normal ? I thought this would be a walk in the park to the original but it's really not !!! Not too painful but I tolerate pain v well just feel so tight and swollen
This is a follow-up to an earlier question. Click here to read it.

Swelling post op

t is perfectly normal to have numbness or swelling after your post op procedure and tummy tuck which is expected to slowly have sensation return to normal after many months and even years following your surgery.

Although uncommon, permanent numbness and tingling can occur after tummy tuck surgery, especially in the lower mid line area between the scar and belly button. In most cases there is some sensation present, just not the normal pre-surgical amount. Please speak with your plastic surgeon about your concerns.

#tummytucknumbness #tummytuckpost-op

Swelling post tummy

Since there are no photos it is hard to judge the degree of swelling but I would say since you are only 4 days post op I would be patient and wait and maybe try some ice.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after seroma cavity removal

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The quilting technique attaches the tissues together with sutures, helping preventing the formation of fluid collection. Swelling is expected after the procedure. However, avoid activity that may favor fluid collection 

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Is this swelling normal?

Hi, Rhodes1125
Without direct examination, I cannot assess your concern properly.
Your swelling may be a normal post-operative tissue edema or a fluid collection.
Please follow up with your plastic surgeon to be examined in-person.
Best regards.