Chicken Pox scar from when I was 7 years old. (photos)

I have one main chicken pox scar which is very large and noticeable- it is deep, but looks deeper due to skin discolouration. I really want it removed, but I want a permanent result- people are telling me I will most likely end up with a new scar that I might like even less. I have also been told it is in a difficult place to perform surgery on? Can anyone recommend a good clinic in London to have the procedure done?

Doctor Answers 1

Scar on Face -- fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP, subcision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This type of scarring can be improved with subcision, fillers and laser treatment.  Often surgical removal is best in this area though.  I suggest consulting with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.