Butt implants in Mexico or South America travelling from UK, should I?

I have very little fat for a BbL do you think bum implants will be a good idea? I am looking to go to Mexico of South America as the price is so much cheaper than London! I am thinking to stay for 2 weeks is this long enough? Thank you

Buttock implants

We perform buttock implants routinely and often have clients coming from out of town to travel to our center that we can accommodate. We are concerned that you are going to South America/Mexico for a better price. Please see examples below. 

Butt implants in Mexico or South America

Dear R,   It sounds from your question,  that cost is your main consideration of where to have your butt implants surgery. I would like to have you reconsider, because many times the initial cost is not the final cost and if you will need corrective surgery, the total cost will escalate significantly.   So, even though cost is important, choosing the right surgeon is more important . You have to realize, that not all results are the same, because there are different techniques and different implants. Additionally, experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely.   In my practice I employ the sub fascial technique ( was developed by Dr Jose Abel dela Pena from Mexico city, though he uses gel implants which are prone to rapture and capsule contracture and do not create nice 'S' curve and nice hips curves due to their softness, unlike the semi solid silicone implants) and use ultra soft, semi solid, oval round silicone implants made by the manufacturer AART. I have performed butt implants surgery on well over 500 patients. The cost for the procedure with 565 cc implants is $8700 and 660 cc - $9600. The cost includes accredited surgery center, board certified plastic surgeon, anesthesia, operating room, recovery room, implants and standard post operative follow ups.   Always consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Mosr importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with natural look. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                           Best of luck,                                               Dr Widder

Buttock implant for on the cheap

Things to know when considering buttock implants in Mexico or S. America.  In short, silicone gel buttock implants are not FDA approved and thus not legal for buttock implantation in the USA. I actually see about one patient a month that had gel implants done in another country and, although they looked a felt great at first, they are now seeking revision because the implants are either visible on top of the muscle and/or grossly deformed by scar contracture or a ruptured implant. The soft semi-solid silicone rubber implants used in the USA are much less likely to have these problems if placed correctly under the gluteus muscle AND are considered permanent implants because they cannot rupture and leak silicone gel. I personally prefer Spectrum Design implants. Similar to breast implants, as long as the appropriate implant size/shape is selected and the implant is placed in the correct anatomic plane, the end result should  look and feel natural - like a fit athletic buttock in this case. Glad to help

Ryan Stanton, MD