Bumps near internal sutures at temples on day 9 post op face/neck lift - tips for getting rid of these? (Photo)

I seem to have a couple of bumps around my internal sutures at my temples ( I'm day 9 post face/neck lift and upper bleph). My results everywhere else is great-great chin/neck/eyes. Bumps noticeable when my fine hair falls back off my face. Advised to massage with e45. I know it's early days and they will hopefully resolve with time but have you Any advice, products to recommend or action that can be taken to resolve quicker please as don't want people to know had op! Thanks

Post op swelling

I know that you don't want to hear this, but all you can really do is be patient. Your body is healing. Speak with your surgeon. He or she may recommend massage, but bottom line, you just need to wait for your body to heal and the swelling to subside. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Healing

I certainly empathize with you, as rapid healing and the desire to avoid being noticed for having an aesthetic procedure are in the patient and Surgeon's common interest. I recommend discussing the issue with your Surgeon and utilizing an aesthetician on staff or independently who has experience addressing postoperative concerns. However, the most critical ingredient will be patience because certain elements of healing cannot be sped up.  Good luck. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Hello and thank you for your question. I usually recommend that my patients massage with biocornyium.  The goal is no visible scar at all.  Follow your surgeon's protocol and maintain close follow up with your surgeon.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Bumpiness After Facelift

Hi and thanks for your great question.  I know it is difficult, especially because it's your face and you don't want anyone to know.  The best medicine for this is patience in knowing that it will get better.  There is still significant swelling 9 days post op, which will resolve with time.  While waiting, your surgeon may tell you to massage and to try to hide it with your hairstyle.  Wait until more time passes and you will be thrilled!!  Patience will be your best medicine!

Complications

You should always follow the medical advice your surgeon gives you. Post-operative swelling/lumpiness/fluid collection varies person to person. Make sure you aren"t overdoing it, take it easy and take care of your incisions. Chances are everything will heal just fine! Best wishes!

Face lift - bumps at 9 days

Thank you for asking about your face and neck lift.

Please follow your own surgeon's advice on how to deal with this area. It is swollen and often there is nothing to be done except be patient.  It will improve - in the meantime, letting your hair grow and coming it in front of your ears it the best concealer.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Postop Healing

Hi ~ No need to worry at this point. It appears that your incision is healing well and the bumps under your incision will slowly soften and go away with time. Most surgeons use absorbable sutures that will go away with time, usually 1-2 months. At our practice we have patients start massaging the incision at 4-6 weeks after surgery.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Facelift scars

hi - thanks for your question. It looks like you have swelling from the deep (dissolving) stitches. With some massage and patience these swellings will resolve. 

Facelift #faceliftrecovery #fatgrafting #beauty #tmbcosmeticsurgery #woundhealing

Dear Nige54

Thank  you for your question!  These bumps will settle with time and massage.  Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy can really speed up healing.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Not to worry!!!

I am glad to hear you are happy with your result! Your pictures are very helpful. You are very early in your healing and the bumps from the newly healing incision are very normal. Most surgeons use dissolving sutures but these can take up 3 months to go away. So follow up with your PS as scheduled and rest assured you will likely heal without further incident

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon