Do I have a build up of scar tissue? (Photo)

I had closed rhino 3.5 weeks ago and since the cast off I had a little lump on the outside of the right of my nostril. That lump has grown over time however I have lots of lumps on the inside of that nostril. See the picture. Is this a build up of scar tissue or swelling? Will it go?

3.5 weeks is too early to tell...

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues and concerns. I would definately ask your surgeon for answers. At 3.5 weeks it is too early to tell what is going on. Inside the nostril bumps are normal where dissolvable sutures were used and they typically shrink over time. The bump on the right bridge you point at could be bone or cartilage. Share your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck and I hope this helps.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD