Can I get a brow lift for forehead lines and to raise my naturally low eyebrows at age 30?

I have only just entered my 30s but I have low eyebrows naturally that I would like higher and I have always had faint lines across my forehead even since childhood. Would a brow lift help me? I don't want Botox as I want a more permenant result. I'm worried I won't be taken seriously because of my age but I have natural lines on my forehead I've always disliked and low eyebrows. Will this also help arch my eyebrows? Thank you

Dear timetotransform, An endoscopic browlift would help raise and arch your brows while providing a very natural looking appearance with no tell tale signs of surgery. I perform many browlift procedures on patients at your same age and it is a very rewarding procedure for both patient and surgeon alike. The patient in the video above is thirty two years old so this will give you a good idea of the results that can be attained with this procedure. The link below will show you other examples. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Eyebrow lift candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about being a candidate for a eyebrow lift procedure. The goal of an eyebrow lift is to raise low set eyebrows, adjust any asymmetry, and soften the corrugator and  frontalis muscles which cause wrinkles on the forehead. Placement of the incision will determine whether the hairline is lowered or raised. For more information in many examples, please see the link and the video below to our eyebrow lift photo gallery

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts over the past 30 years and numerous ones on women in their mid to late twenties that had "low brows".  Non smiling photos of your eyes and forehead will help in the evaluation. I would have no issues performing a Brow Lift on a 30 year old woman with low eyebrows.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your question. An endoscopic browlift is your best bet to achieve an natural improvement for low brows. The procedure can improve the arch and shape of the brow. The underlying muscles may still cause the forehead to wrinkle afterward with expression, but at rest, you will not need to elevate your brows so your brow skin may appear smoother and less wrinkled.  Endoscopic browlifts are very well tolerated and have a very rapid recovery. The only caveat is that there are not many surgeons who do a great endoscopic browlift, choose your surgeon wisely.
Best,Dr. P

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Low eyebrows and forehead lines?

Low eyebrows and forehead lines? Both can be treated effectively by a very experienced Browlift surgeon. If your hairline needs to be raised then the endoscopic approach will do that. If it is high and you do not want it raised then you need the Irregular Trichophytjc Forehead lift we developed years ago. Look at the hairline of the surgeons work after and you should not see a scar.

If you have a low brow, an endoscopic browlift will help to elevate them.  It may help improve the lines but not always.  Many people are very animated when speaking, lifting and lowering their brow.   So you may still need Botox after a surgery if you want to really eliminate the lines.  With a higher brow position it will be safer to use the Botox in the forehead without the risk of dropping the brow further.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow Lifting

There is no set minimum age for brow lift surgery.  Many patients have naturally low brows that are not in their ideal position and may benefit from surgery.  Forehead lines will often improve with surgery as the patient is no longer compensating by raising the brows with the frontalis muscle.  I will say a consultation is very important to determine which procedure would be helpful in your specific case. Many issues, including hairline, natural brow shape/position, eyelid anatomy all need to be taken into account to give the best recommendation.  So your age is not necessarily a contraindication for surgery, but a thorough exam would be needed to say for sure.  Good luck.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recommend consultation

Early 30s is certainly not too early for a browlift especially if you have a hereditary predisposition for a low brow.  There certainly are some aesthetic ideals for a female brow that a qualified facial plastic surgeon can discuss with you. In addition examining you would guide the surgeon whether you just need a medial, lateral, or medial/lateral lift.  I prefer to perform my browlifts endoscopically where I can address any of the sides of the brow as well as the muscles causing the lines.
Wish you the best!!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon